My portfolio contains illustrations I have done in the past for magazines, books, ads and everything else. Also some private portrait commissions. At the bottom you find links to the portfolio pages (sorry, only in swedish).
I have always loved to do pencil drawing. Especially portraits of animals and people. I like it because it is so easy to build up details, shadows, tonal values and still keep the light in the image.
Colour pencils and water colour
Colour pencils are also nice to work with and easy to control. I often combine them with larger areas in water colour. Sometimes I also use gouache for details in fur or other thicker layers.
Very often I scan the pencil drawings and colour them in Photoshop. I like how easy it is to change the colouring and test different lights and shadows. I also do some final retouches in Photoshop, sometimes add textures and collage.
Ink pens are another of my prefered tools, especially when more sharpness is needed. For example small images with clear details. It is also a fun challenge to add dept, volume and shadow by adding lots of small dots or thin lines. Sometimes I also add water colour of Photoshop colouring to these images.
Sometimes it is better to use Illustrator. Especially when it comes to symbols, logotypes or images for web design. Vector art is fine both for the more colourful and bold as well as more distinct and sharp looking images.
Commissions I have done in the past:
(These portfolio pages are in swedish only.)
- Illustrationer till PR och redaktionellt – Public relations and editorial
- Tecknade porträtt av djur och människor – Portraits of animals and people
- Illustrationer till läromedel och fakta – Education and information
- Teckningar till produkter och visuell identitet – Visual identity and products
- Kunskapsspel på webben – Online learning interactive games (really old stuff)